01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Blocking an Offer (Theatresports term)

Frantically, Yolanda brushed her table clear with one sweeping motion, sending flute music, guitar picks, and fluorescent hair pins on to the floor, while Timothy set up his travel-edition magnetic duluxe backgammon board, and attached the startling black and mystifiyingly white pieces into their rightful positions.

Then, quickly sitting at their places, they stared down at the board.

Silence reigned for some time.

Eventually, Yolanda spoke.

She said, "You start."

"What?" Timothy gasped, "I thought you were starting."

"But, I can't," Yolanda sobbed, "I don't remember how to play."

"But, I can't play," Timothy exclaimed, "I was expecting you to teach me!"

"Oh," Yolanda said, quickly recovering, "Well, then, what shall we do instead?"

"I have a cunning idea," Timothy said cunningly.

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home