01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Friday, September 02, 2005

Chapter 22 - A futile attempt at saving the day

The door of the holding cell swung open like a swing.
Yvette, Laura, Elle and I shuddered in fear. Asheigh threw a romance novel at the door. Thankfully, it was thin and full of nonsense, so it fell short.
At the door stood a fat, greasy haired man, who at some stage in his life had worked at a petrol station. His name was probably Merv. Or Eric. Anyway, he looked dodgy.
"Hi..." Merv/Eric greased like a sleaze. "I'm your supervisor... Starting rate is $2.50 an hour.... And you don't get dental.... Follow me..."
We followed Merv/Eric out of the cell and down a long, dank, white, unwashed hallway. Behind me, the girls started jittering.
"Damn! We don't even get dental!" Yvette moaned, showing her ignorance about the ways of the world. (Obviously due to her isolation in such a backwater town.)
"Pipe down!" Elle from WAKEFIELD (wOOt!) said. "Do you want to get us thrown out of here?"
Yvette stopped. "Actually, that wouldn't be such a bad idea!" She threw herself at Elle, claws and teeth extended.
The two girls fought viciously, each eager to inflict centuries of war-revenge on the other. Merv/Eric turned around and looked at the fighting girls.
He sighed. "Like that hasn't been tried before...." He pulled a small pink plastic toy out of his pocket and dangled it in front of the fighting hillbillies. They both stopped their scrap and stared, transfixed at the cheap BK Kids Meal toy in all its shiny glory.
"Don't fall for his tricks!" I cried, trying to snap the girls out of their materialistic coma. "It's mass produced!" I ran forward, snatching the toy out of Merv/Eric's hand and running down the hall with it. The girls followed, tongues hanging out of their mouths. Asheigh played with her tie.
Merv/Eric stayed where he was and sighed again. He pressed a small button on the wall.

I ran down the hallway, and into a large room with yellow walls. A fat, greasy haired man walked toward with me. He looked like Merv/Eric's brother. His name was probably Stanley/Hal or something.
"Where am I?" I asked Stanley/Hal.
He smiled. "You're in Shell, my friend. You know BK is very often connected to Shell, or other petrol stations around the country? It's all part of their plot to take over the world..... (devilish laugh)"
Shell minions approached me, ready to re-incarcerate me as a part of their evil plot. I knew I was stuck, but I could still save the girls. I threw the cheap toy out the electric Shell door. "Run, girls! Run free!" I cried as the minions leapt on me. Ow. (It hurt.)

Previous chapter : : Next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home