01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Monday, November 28, 2005

Persuasion

And there was evening, and there was morning - the first day.

At approximately 8:42 and 56½ seconds, Nicholas stood outside the school building, waiting inconspicuously for Sally, and whistling nonchalently the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. Eventually, Sally emerged, like an emerging artist, and Nicholas quickly hurried over to her, like a hurrykirry.
"Nicholas?" Sally whispered urgently, "What are you doing here? I told you never to meet with me again!"
"No you didn't," Nicholas replied.
Sally paused, straining her brain as she thought back to the previous night.
"Oh, I guess I didn't," she muttered, "Stupid blonde memory, worse than a goldfish."
She sighed.
"Stupid blonde memory, worse than a goldfish."

Nicholas decided he had better interrupt.
"Uh, look Sally, I've been thinking about what you said, and I still think we need to try and save your parents. Harry can't get away with this! Not with a name like Harry!"
"I'm sorry," Sally sighed, "But I just can't help you."
"Why not?" Nicholas pleaded, "What prevents you from trying to save your parents?"
A small tear appeared in the corner of Sally's eye, and she quickly patched it up with her hanky.
"It's worse than you think," she whimpered, "He has a mole within the school, someone who is paid to watch my every move and report back to him. If I so much as look like I'm thinking about looking for ways to think about looking for my parents, the mole will tell Harry."
"Gawsh!" Nicholas gasped, "Idiot!"
"Hey," Sally said defensively, "I'm only an idiot through, like totally, necessity, okay?"
"No, I mean, I'm the idiot for not seeing this," Nicholas elaborated.
"Sally, if I can find the mole, and stop them from reporting to Harry, will you help me save yuor parents?"
Sally thought about it.

And there was evening, and there was morning. The second day.

"Okay," Sally said.
Nicholas woke up, jumped to his feet, and tried hard not to look like the previous twenty-four hours of waiting for a response had been incredibly boring.
"Great," he said, "Because I have a sneaky suspicion that I know who it is."

Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home