01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Attempting to keep the plot going for a while longer...

...but it seemed that danger was also attracted to her!!!

As they rounded the last corner on the walk home, and finally caught a glimpse of their apartment block (the Gore-famous "Sewer-View Apartment Complex"), the also caught a glimpse of something else, and froze.

There, in the middle of the road (with road cones safely cordoning him off from the traffic), stood Beven, clutching a very worried looking 'The George' under one arm (don't ask how a rock could look worried, just accept it).

"What?" Timothy gasped, "How did you get here, and so fast?!!!"
"That's not for you to know," Beven laughed evilly, "Its a secret that will stay between me and the authors!"

"Beven," called Yolanda heroically, "It's me you want! Let 'The George' go!"

"Aaaah, very heroic, Yolanda," Beven sniggered, "But it's not just you I want (well, actually, I don't even want you as I'm not really attracted to you, I think it's the combination of red hair and turquiose dress that puts me off, but it is true that I want to have a rematch at Backgammon with you), its also 'The George'! Did you think I merely stole him as a way of drawing both you and the Backgammon board out into the open where I could catch you (which, now I come to think of it, would have still been a good plan)? No! I also wanted to claim 'The George' as my own, so that I could pick up inter-stellar signals with him, copy what I hear down, and pass the information on to McDonalds, which is paying me hansomely to dig up dirt on their first inter-stellar rival, Spleekj, and prepare for a lawsuit against them for infringing on copyrights with reference to the naming of items, in particular 'double cheeseburgers' and 'fries', both of which we believe they stole from McDonalds some time in the early nineties! As part of my plan, it is true that I hid 'The George' under some carpet for safe keeping, but only so I could lure you away to safely remove 'The George' from the apartment block, which I have now done! Now there is no stopping me!!!"

With this, Beven turned and dashed off in a random direction. He was soon gone from sight, still clutching 'The George' tightly.

"'The George'!" Timothy exclaimed, bursting into tears at the thought of losing his beloved pet rock once again, "Now I'll never see him again!"
"Thats not necessarily true," Yolanda said reassuringly, "You'll probably see him on TV during the suit between McDonalds and Spleekj as an informant, although it is true that they'll probably blur his face to prevent retaliation from Spleekj goon-squads."

Somehow, this failed to reassure Timothy, who burst into even more tears!

"Well, what about your past," Yolanda tried eventually, "what about your 'Al Capone'-isms? You must have learned something in your times as an inmate about how the criminal mind works? Can't you use that information to track down Beven?"
"You know what," Timothy said, brightening up considerably, "You're right. It's no use sitting here moping!"

And with that he marched straight up to his apartment, to mope somewhere more comfortable.

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

1 Comments:

Blogger Musings said...

Genius! Pure genius! So much to go on!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home