01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Sunday, May 22, 2005

When what is said by the locals is not entirely true.

Stan staggered shiveringly (because wearing only a pair of tight lederhosen in Tibet is prone to make you do so) into the cave belonging to a big nasty Yeti.
"Whoah!" Stan exclaimed. "This cave is really warm!"
"Yeah, it's the central heating."
Stan jumped in fright. Well, no he didn't, because people never really 'jump' in fright, do they? They sort of, shake a little bit, and then get that funny feeling of terror in their chests. Stan did that.
"Who spoke?" He asked. "Are you the big nasty Yeti that makes residence in this cave?"
A figure moved forward into the light. (Because, as well as central heating, this cave had expensive lighting, with dramatic shadows, cool neon colours, and those random glow sticks often seen in Tomb Raider that do absolutely nothing.)
"You're not a big nasty Yeti!" Stan exclaimed.
"No." The figure replied. "I'm a small, nondescript, slightly lonely, Tibetan monk named Fish-kebab who only gets nasty when people put their dirty shoes on my carpet. Not what you were expecting, eh?"
"Not really..." Stan conceded. "But why did the locals say you were nasty? Not those three randoms I materialised next to (though they did look scared when I headed in your direction) but the others? The crazy old lady with her warning that if I ventured further I would meet certain death? The talking skeleton saying dead men told no tales, (what a hypocrit) which I would soon be doing (or not doing) if I entered your cave?"
"Hmm." Fish-kebab hmmed. "The skeleton was a farmer who put his dirty, poo-clogged shoes all over my nice carpet. So I killed him. The old lady is my mother-in-law, she just doesn't like my cooking."
"But you're a monk!" Cried Stan, surprised at the possible plot hole. "You aren't supposed to marry!"
"Jeeze, always with the technicalities!" Fish-kebeb cried. "I'm my own denomination! Shouldn't you also be wondering why I'm in a cave with no other monks (or Yetis, though my wife looks pretty bad some mornings) and why I live so splendiferously? Own denominations! Jeeze!"

While Stan and fish-kebab were making polite conversation in the cave, Shcktan was turning Reginald peya the detective's ©FIND ANYONE ANYWHERE machine ©© on. While Fish-kebab was explaining why he was not a Yeti, Shcktan was stepping inside. And while the monk was having a rant about denominations, Shcktan was pressing the big red 'GO' button on the machine and yelling in his loudest voice 'STAN!"
What happened next was simply spectacular.

Previous chapter : : Next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home