01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Chapter the 1st - Alure

I was busy at work, balancing a can of cola on my eraser, when the door opened, and she walked in.
She reminded me of lightning - quick, bright, beautiful, but deadly, and immediately I sensed she was Trouble, with a capital D for Danger.
But, more importantly, she was a woman! In my office!!!!
I decided to use my best pick-up line straight away.
"Good morning and welcome to Box Co Boxes Incorporated, you are speaking with Erstwhile Rogers, how may I help you?"
She closed the door, and looked across at me, her deep dark eyes like pools full with some deep-dark-coloured liquid... possibly oil.
She spoke.
"Erstwhile? What kind of a name is that?"
Her voice was like heaven, or at least like a nice voice, and I knew immediately that she was in love with me.
Or perhaps not.
Women are so hard to read.
She spoke again.
"Listen, Erstwhile, a man is coming this way, he will be here in a few short minutes. I need you to do two things for me."
"Anything," I replied in my most masculine voice, unfortunately cracking a high in the middle of the word.
Perhaps she didn't notice.
"Ok. Are you listening, Erstwhile? One, don't let him know I'm here, I'll be hiding behind those boxes. Two, whatever he asks you to do, agree to it, but say you need a few hours to get ready. Can you do that Erstwhile?"
"Heehee, she said my name..."
"Erstwhile?"
"Mmmm...."
Suddenly she slapped me across the face.
"Get a grip!" she hissed, "This is important."
I sat up, suddenly back in reality.
"Right, I can do it! One, you're behind the boxes, two, I need a few hours. Got it."
She looked at me quizzically, and seemed about to say something more, but before she could, the doorknob began turning.
Quickly she dove behind the boxes like a dove.
The door to my office opened, and he walked in.

Contents Page ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home