01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Friday, July 01, 2005

2nd Chapter the- Happened, next was what surprising. really odd and

A few short minutes (those are minutes that are only 50 seconds long, invented in the good old days of the 50 yard dash and liquorice as long as a piece of string) later, a man entered my office.
A man! In my office! (I obviously needed to get out more.)
He reminded me of cheese- fat, stupid and smelly, and I immediately sensed he was WeIrd with a capital I for grammatical incorrectness.
"Good morning and welcome to Box Co Boxes Incorporated, you are speaking with Erstwhile Rogers, how may I help you?"
Cheese Man looked me in the eye. "I'm from the F.B.I." he said.
There was a pause as he let this information set in.
"And, I'm looking for a woman who may have passed this way. She is guilty of murder, drug dealing, extortion, espionage, and taking candy from a baby. Can you tell me where she is, Erstwhile?"
I looked him in the other eye.
"Yes." I replied in my most masculine voice, unfortunately cracking a high in the middle of the word. "But I'll need a few hours to get ready."
Any other F.B.I agent would have questioned that obviously ludacris and stupid statement. But not Cheese Man. I told you he looked stupid. He was. He just shrugged, and said "ok" before walking out of my office.
The F.B.I! In my office!

I sat down, and continued to try to balance the can of Cola on my eraser. I failed, and spilt it over my brand new cream chinos.
"Damn!" I exclaimed, and walked over to the office fan to try and dry my pants. Unfortunately, the fan was about 7 inches too high, so I had to jump.
I was still jumping up and down in front of the fan when She walked out from behind the boxes.

She looked at me weirdly for a minute. I stopped jumping and pretended like the large stain on my chinos didn't exist.
"Right, Earnest." She said. Oh! That voice! I had missed it so, those past few minutes! "I'm glad you did that. You've proven yourself worthy of my service. Let's go."
She turned and headed out of the office.
I followed, like a loyal puppy, not caring one iota that she had called me Earnest.

Previous chapter : : Next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home