01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Chapter the fourth: 4/4/4

As I walked down the road behind Ciola (because I was too afraid to stand next to such a goddess) I must admit I felt fear and trepidation. I mean, I was very four-tunate to be out of the office at all (Dad would be very grumpy at me for doing that), but where were we going? What sort of danger could I four-ll into? Was the four-ce with me?
I stopped a second time.
Ciola (if that was, indeed, her real name) walked for a few seconds, realised I wasn't following, and turned around.
"What's the problem there Eddie?" She asked.
"Numbers is the fourth book of the Bible! Not Deuteronomy!" I cried. "And Numbers 4:4 says; 'This is the work of the Kohathites in the Tent of Meeting: the care of the most holy things.'"

Ciola froze. "Have you just been given a word from...God?!?!" Her face went white. "How terrifying! I didn't even think God was real!"
I shrugged. "No, sorry to disappoint you, but I just did it on a dare. Some guy I know, he dared me to say it. Yeah. Cos it's the fourth of April today. You know, fours...?"

There was an awkward silence.
I coughed; "Kashley!"
"Ok..." Ciola said, even more slowly than before. You know, like, so slowly that it sounds like she has a really deep voice like Frankie Stevens off New Zealand Idol. Hehe. It sounded funny to me.
"Ha!" I laughed. Told you it was funny.

"Ok." Ciola said at a more normal speed. "We're going to head down this alley now, it leads to 'The Black Falcon.' Watch you don't four-ll down a manhole or anything. And, towards the end of the alley we're going to have to crawl on all fours, the hole in the fence is only fourteen inches high, it might be a bit of a squeeze."
"Why so secretly?" I asked. "Is 'The Black Falcon' a bit of a four-tress to get into?"
Ciola looked me in the eyes. "Well, let's just say they better have four-gotten about all the things I've stolen over the years. I hope Geoff is in a four-giving mood today."
We headed down the alley. In rough four-mation.

Previous chapter : : Next Chapter

p.s sorry about all the lame jokes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home