01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Monday, July 04, 2005

Chapter the 5th - The Black Falcon

Squeezing through the hole in the fence, we came fourth into the street.
- I mean, fifth.
- I mean... dang, guess those really pointless number jokes won't hold up in this chapter.

Anyway, we emerged into the street, and beheld the 'Black Falcon.'

I was confused.
"Ciola, sorry to bother you, but this isn't exactly what I thought of when you said 'Black Falcon'."
We stared for a moment at the dead black falcon lying in the street.
"What?" Ciola queried, "Its black, and its a falcon, isn't it? Were you expecting maybe a ship, in the middle of a jungle or something stupid like that?"
I thought it best at this point not to mention that I was an avid 'Lost' fan.
"I at least thought it would be a Cafe or something," I muttered.
"It is," Ciola replied.
I decided not to ask, and tried a safer question instead.
"Wheres this 'Geoff' guy anyway?"
"Struth! Its you Ciola! Long time no see eh?" came a voice with an Australian accent, seemingly out of nowhere.
"Hey Geoff, how are you?" Ciola replied.
"Yeah, reasonable," the voice said, "A little bored. And I think the falcon might be getting near its used by date. I may have to find some new place to live."
"Thats no problem," Ciola said, "I'm sure Edward here will put you up for a while. Won't you, Ed?"
"My name is Erstwhile," I said, getting a bit frustrated, "And who exactly are you talking to?"
"Geoff," Ciola said, like I was the dumbest person on the earth for not knowing.
I felt it was entirely uncalled for. Mikey and Arnie from Gore had to be dumber than me.
"Oh," I said, unconvinced.
"Look, he hasn't got anywhere to live," Ciola reasoned, "Can he live on you for a while? Just until he finds a new home?"
"Sure," I said, deciding to let it go, "Does he need help shifting in?"
Only then did I realise she had said live on me rather than live with me.
"Cheers mate," the voice came, "You won't mind if I help myself to a drink eh?"
I began to itch.
"Uh, Ciola?"
"Don't worry," Ciola tried to reassure me, "Geoff won't drink much. For a flea he has great manners."

Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home