01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Sunday, July 10, 2005

CHAPTER6 - ME MR MACHO MAN

"Right!" I said in a manly, truck driver style voice. "Let's get this show on the road!"
I was hoping my determined and manly attitude would impress Ciola- because my quivering, cowering persona didn't seem to be working well so far.
I walked away from the dead falcon in the direction of the street. Not because I was scared of a dead bird or anything. Real men aren't scared of nothing. I pushed my shoulders wide, and swaggered forward. "You coming, woman?"
Ciola sighed (she was obviously falling for me in my new, more aggressive look) and followed slowly. "Do you even know where to go, Erstwhile?"
"Nah. Real men don't need no blousy maps or directions. We follow our noses."
I swaggered more, desperately trying to look muscular. It didn't work, I just looked like I was trying to limbo walk. I kept doing it, anyway. Real men don't care about no limbo.

There was an irrritating itch on my neck. Oh well. Real men aren't afraid of no pains. But, the itch wouldn't stop! It was getting really annoying!
"Argh!" I cried in a womanly, high school teenager voice, my manly outer falling away like a man falling over after being beaten by a black-belt kickhimwhenhe'sdown-chi master.
I slapped my neck. Ohh, instant satisfaction! No more annoying itch!

"ERSTWHILE!" Ciola screamed. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING! You killed my brother.... I mean my computer..... I mean Geoff! Now how are we supposed to find a way to escape the police?"

I looked her in the eye. "I can handle it," I said "I'm a real man. Now quit your crying, sheila, and let's get out of here so you can cook me some eggs."
Ciola walked toward me. Yes! My manly show was finally working!
WHACK! Her fist slammed into my nose. Ow! That hurt! I slid to the ground, not really knowing how, because there was nothing to slide down on. But I slid, ok?
I tryed to stand, but I couldn't. Little black dots started appearig on front of my eyes. That's funny! Real men don't never get knocked out...........

Previous chapter : : Next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home