01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Monday, July 18, 2005

Chapter X : X-TREME

Mistral snarled at me (like a kid named Duane after being told he's not allowed any pumpkin pie until dinner and we'll have no more of that nagging behaviour round the house young man) and pulled out a pair of handcuffs.
"Damn you, Erstwhile! You let Ciola get away! Oh well, at least I can get you for being an accomplice!"
He advanced toward me.
"But wait! I'm innocent!" I protested meekly.
"Oh, ok then." Mistral stopped and put his handcuffs away. I told you he was stupid.
"Now, Mistral, I want you to listen to me very carefully, and do exactly as I say. Can you do that for me, Mistral? Can you?"
Mistral nodded dumbly and put his thumb in his mouth.
"Go back into the warehouse and take on the accountants in unarmed combat. Remeber the ancient secrets of kickhimwhenhe'sdownchi you were taught as a youngster, grasshopper. You will lose, but your diversion will help me get away, and give me time to find Ciola. Do you understand, Mistral?"
Mistral pulled his thumb out of his mouth and saluted. Gobs of saliva flew everywhere.
"Sir, yes sir!" He cried, before running bravely back into the warehouse. What a trooper. What a moron.

I turned and walked boldly down the alley (like a kid named Duane walking forward to a younger kid, possibly named Peter, and stealing his lunch money off him) and out into the street.
Ciola was nowhere to be seen.
"Ciola!!!!!" I shouted at the sky, hoping for a response. The sky didn't respond, but the air beside my face did.
"She's probably hiding at the old quarry, buddy." The air said.
I jumped away in fright! JUMP! (That was me jumping.)
"Who spoke?" I quivered.
"Oh, sorry." The air said. "I'm Geoff's cousin Ned. He told me you might need my help. How is Geoff, by the way?"
"Um.... he's, flat out at the moment?"
Ned laughed. "Ah, good old Geoff. If he ever dies I don't know what I'll do. Probably spend the rest of my life ruthlessly biting his killer. Ha! Anyway, I suppose you want directions to the fort. Do you mind me using your shoulder? Dont worry, I don't bite....hard! Ha!"
"Ok..." I tried not to shake as Ned settled in.

Previous chapter : : Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home