01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Chapter No. Nein

But one I would never have to make (whew!).

Suddenly, a door to the warehouse burst open (like an over-ripe pumpkin being hit with a baseball bat held by a kid named Duane, who is taking out his frustration over being named Duane by his parents, when his brothers got the far more normal names of Bill and Murray - although Bill Murray is far from normal), and in stepped Unimportant, or Cheese Man, or whatever-his-name was, the FBI guy.
"Hand over the woman, or face the wrath of the law" Cheese Man bellowed.

The accountants freaked out, began screaming en mass, a piercing nasally noise reminiscent of zombie groans but a few octaves higher, and ran around in circles, flailing their arms wildly in terror, obviously not remembering that they were all far bulkier and menacing than Cheese Man, and could have easily defeated him in close combat.

Cheese Man approached Ciola, and I quickly realised they knew each other.
"Hello Ciola," Cheese Man said.
"Hello Mistral," Ciola replied.
See, either they knew one another or they were very good at figuring out a persons name by looking at them.
"So," Ciola continued, "What are you going to do with me now?"
"I'm taking you to my boss," Mistral said, almost sadly.
They shared a moment.
I felt shocked - Ciola, my love, sharing a moment with the Cheese Man! What was the world coming to?!!!
There was something more going on here than I knew about, obviously, so I decided to ask what.
But, before I got the chance, the accountants stopped screaming, apparently having remembered their threatening-ness, and turned again en mass (they were obviously only worker accountants, simple programmed colony insects, rather than the queen accountant, which gave the orders with a kind of primitive telepathy).

Everything happened quickly.
Mistral, the unimportant cheese man FBI guy, untied Ciola, and the two produced (and directed) smoke grenades, throwing them at the accountants.
The room filled with smoke, and I could see nothing more.
I struggled with my bonds blindly, desperate to get free, and eventually felt them being loosened. Someone was untying me! Ciola had returned!
In the confusion, we managed to slip into an alley, and I decided to make up for lost time by spending my own moment with my true love.
"Well, Ciola," I said masculinely, "I'm so glad we got this time together, and..."
I stopped as the remains wisps of smoke cleared, and I realised that my saviour had not been Ciola, but Mistral. I was alone with the FBI guy, and Ciola was nowhere to be seen.

Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home