01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Sleepless in Seattle

Sally and Nicholas turned around and ran for the nearest exit. (Sven fell over.)
The Witnessesses all stood still, like zombies, contemplating their next physical, emotional, and theological moves.
Eventually, they decided to react in the only way sensible cult-ured people could react in a situation like this.
"Burn the heathens!"
"Sit them down and hand them pamphlets!"
"Doorknock at their houses!"
"Bible Bash them with our own translation of the scriptures!"
Same old JW's, then.

Meanwhile, down on the corner, out in the street, where Willy and the poorboys were playin’, and some people had brought a nickle and tapped their feet, Nicholas and Sally breathed a deep sigh of relief.
"So it's all over then!" Sally cried happily. "The MATHS OLYMPICS are mine for the taking! (If only I could get rid of this stupid blonde-itis!)"
Nicholas smiled, then winced, then looked pensive.
"Why the long face, horsey?" Sally inquired.
"Well, I smiled because I'm glad my mission is over, then I winced because I know Biff is going to give me a beating for spending so much time with you, and then I looked pensive because I don't know what the future might hold." Nicholas explained. (In one breath, too. You try and beat that!)
"Well, actually it was Taylor who finished the mission, so you've done next to nothing in reality, bucko." Sally retorted. "Also, Biff is so concerned with his image he would never bother be seen beating you up, let alone thinking about it. Thirdly, you know what happens to all nerds when they leave High School, so you have little to worry about."
"Yes, CEO of a major toothpaste company, I know." Nicholas sighed. "But what about... us?"
Sally laughed. "Ha! I'm sorry, Nicholas, but there's only room for one at the top! I could never take you with me to MATHS OLYMPICS glory! It's been nice, but, as a true nerd, mathematics, calculus, and statistics are far more important to me than silly things like love, fun, enlightenment, and cheesecake. So, sorry matey, but I'm going to have to cut you loose. Later!"
Sally turned and walked away.
Nicholas broke down in a fit of asthma, before pulling out his Xtra-Large inhaler and taking a breath.
"Just you wait, Sally!" He shouted out angrily to Sally's retreating back. "This isn't over!!!"

THE END
TO BE CONTINUED (In Maths Wars : The Return, out next Fall!)

p\c : : contents page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home