01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Conversationalizing

"Chester" I mutter knowingly, "I might have known... only, I didn't."
There is a short pause.
Somewhere, a cricket chirps loudly, in Bb.
(Moments later, the Duston Ohio All Cricket Brass Band begins playing their number one hit, Chirping with You).
I eventually think of something more to say.
"Chester" I mutter knowingly, "I might have known... but, why?"
Suddenly, in the most cliche way imaginable, Chester himself steps from the shadows of the shadowy interior of the secret dumpster meeting place, and replies in the most mocking way possible, "It's simple really, Pete. I wanted money, power, and glory, and the Roger-elves promised me all of them, plus a brand new Mercedes, a red one! Oh yes, and I wanted to inherit your Mills and Boone collection, and Roger-elves have never been fans of romance fiction. Besides which..."
"Gasp, Chester, what are you doing here?" I gasp, beginning to catch up with the play.
There is another short pause.
Eventually Chester ignores my outburst and continues.
"Beside which, I was your best friend, and best friends always turn into arch-nemesises, or nemisii, depending on which is the correct pluralism for nemesis. But, before I could escape to Guam with my millions, my might, my Mercedes and my Mushy books, Melvin Ertnik here captured me. A thousands PG rated drats!!!"
It is about now that I notice Chester's arm and leg shackles, and the fact that he is behind bars - the dumpster interior being considerably larger than I first thought.
I realise the back-plot seems to be about finished at this present time, and decide to press on and learn my aim for this novel in as few chapters as possible, given that the authors seem to be writing very slowly and I want to learn something if I'm going to be between chapters for the next month or so!
"So then, Melvin," I begin, "What do we do now?"
"Simple," Melvin replies, "Let me tell you..."
Too late, I realise the chapter is about to end.
"No," I scream, "Don't leave me in limbo like this! I have to know what I'm supposed to do."
Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter
Darn.
Too late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home