01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Vocal... exercises?

"So why have you forced me out of my house, risking certain death, to have a meeting under a dumpster?" I ask Melvin. "Couldn't you have just sent me an email or something?"
Melvin gives me a withering look. "Pete, that is so un-spy-like. And I rang you, remember? Some people still use telephones, you know. Talking with italics adds so much emphasis on the words you use."
"I'M MORE OF A CAPITAL LETTERS MAN, MYSELF!" I shout.
"But what about bold??" Melvin inquires.
I shrug.
"Anyway, why are we here?" I ask, asking the question that so many blognovel and Lost fans want answered.
"Well, it's a long story..." Melvin says.
"It's ok, I've got time!" I reply, "It's not like I'm going back out there and risking getting shot or killed... or both!"
"Ok." Melvin begins. I sit down and put my thumb in my mouth. It's a storytime habit that I've never been able to break.
"Once upon a time, there was a magical princess, who lived in a kingdom far, far away. The kingdom was full of ponies and nice little elves called Roger and everybody lived in peace and love. The magical princess had the ability to fly, walk through walls, and play the nose flute. (The last one is under dispute though, some heathens don't actually believe it to be a magical ability. Oops! There I go into italics again!) Anyway, this princess' name was Trevor. Don't ask me why. And she married a very nice man... a man named Wilson Wilson."
"My father!" I exclaim.
"Yes, Pete, good spotting. I suppose you never knew who your mother was. Well, it was Trevor Wilson. Anyway, after having you your mother tried to rule the kingdom, but the elves called Roger were revolting. They caused a few riots, too. You mother was struggling to control them, so she sent you and your father to Ohio for safety, with a promise to come and live with you as soon as she was able to make her kingdom all safe and magical once more. She never came to Ohio. The elves called Roger usurped the throne (all 347 of them), and have control over the magical kingdom. But they have found out that there is a rightful heir to their throne... you. And they have come to wipe out the line for good."
"How did they find out about me?!?!?" I moan.
"Chester, of course." Melvin says.

pc : : nc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home