01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Family Traits

Within moments, we are gone, hurtling from the dumpster like a katia-ball hurtling out the hand of an over-zealous player of katiana (for instructions on the game of katiana, please see www.01journalnovel.blogspot.com/2006/03/katiana.html). The only things we know for sure:
1) We need the chalice of power
2) The chalice of power is in a cave in the Utah Bad-Lands
3) We are in Duston, Ohio
4) Garlic and Ice Cream just don't mix!

"How are we going to get to the Utah Bad-Lands?" I ask Melvin, "And where exactly is Utah from here?"
"I have no idea on both counts," Melvin replies, "But luckily for us," he continues sneakily, "the authors know very little US Geography..."

Within more moments, we cross the main road of Duston, Ohio, round the corner, and find ourselves in the Utah Bad-lands, which handily enough, are located on the outskirts of Duston!
But now, we find ourselves with another problem: the Utah Bad-Lands are a thousand miles in every direction (if this is not so, refer to Melvin's earlier statement), full of caves, cliffs, crevices, canyons, and other things starting with C that are found in bad-land-type-terrain (eg. cowpokes, cacti, and Cincinatti).
I turn to Melvin, who turns back to me a moment later (otherwise two Melvins would make the story much more confusing).
"So," I ask again, "What Now?"
"...is a children's show on New Zealand's TV2 Saturday mornings," Melvin finishes excitedly. "Sorry," he apologises, "that whole subliminal advertising thing is really getting to me. But, maybe you should be telling me what to do. After all, as Trevor's heir, you are sure to have inherited some of Trevor's magical ruling abilities, such as echolation, and bad-punning. Maybe you even have the mystical ability to locate your car-keys straight away!"
"Wouldn't that be awesome," I gush, "But, I'm afraid I have never noticed any such powers. I'm just an ordinary everyman to all intents and purposes."
Saying this, I realise I am getting hungry, and turn some dust into a Subway (eat fresh) in order to fill up.
"What about that?" Melvin asks, pointing at the sub, "That's pretty amazing, isn't it?"
I shrug, "It's quite nice, yeah, but it's just Chicken Fillet, I should have made a Subway Melt."
Melvin seems quite excited for some reason. Maybe he needs to use the little-spy's-room.
"Pete, I know you may not have found any powers in the past, but maybe you should try again. You never know, something might happen."
I sigh, but decide to humour the poor man.
"Okay, Melvin, if I had any of these so-called 'magic powers', how would I know?"
Melvin pauses for a moment, then rewinds, skips back, and plays at normal speed again before continuing: "How about you try clicking your fingers together. That sometimes works."
"And if that doesn't work, shall I try saying 'Abracadabra?'" I laugh.
Co-incidentally, as I finish saying 'Abracadabra' there is a small earthquake.
Weird, eh?
"Okay," I say, "I'll click my fingers, just to humour you."
I click my fingers.

Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home