01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Click.

Click. (That was the sound of my fingers clicking, if you hadn't guessed that already.)
Nothing happens.
Melvin sighs. "Well, that was an frithbhuaic! Gan tairbhe!
"Psag!" I gasp inwardly, "You're speaking ancient Gaelic! How unexpected, random, and not set up by the previous author at all!"
Melvin runs around, rambling incoherently. At this point I notice (also quite conveniently) that he is wearing a toupee. I don't know why I had never noticed it before, considering the colour had been quite badly chosen- he has dark brown eyebrows, but for some reason the wig is a rusty red colour, possibly a colour you could paint Honda Civics in, if you so desired.
Ignoring Melvin for the moment, I look around for a cave in which a chalice could be hiding. Nothing is out of the ordinary, except perhaps for a 'Crazy Khartoum's Discount Fertilizer' stall, which somehow seems out of place, possibly because it has been stolen from an Aladdin movie.
All the caves look the same.
I sigh, and begin to look in each one. Melvin, after calming down from his incoherent screaming, joins me.
Two hours later, we are still looking, (The badlands are quite big, you know) when we hear a roaring sound in the distance. Melvin rambles something, which could possibly mean "Oh no! Man-eating anteaters!" (The badlands are also quite bad, you know.)
Lo and behold, a few seconds later, several man-eating anteaters come racing over the nearest hill, and head straight for us, roaring menacingly.
"Quick!" I cry to Melvin, hoping he still understands English, even if he can't speak it, "Head ino the nearest cave!"
I run to the nearest cave, Melvin straight behind me.
Inside the cave it is dark, too dark to see. (Feels like I'm knocking on heaven's door.) I walk forward a few metres, and the ground opens up beneath me.
"Tarrtháil!" Melvin yells beside me, as we fall into a larger, deeper cavern.

Insode the new cavern, there are many shiny and interesting looking trinkets. Melvin goes to pick up a golden lamp.
"Don't!" I cry, "I can't stand Robin Williams!"
Melvin ignores the lamp, and goes to pick up something else.
I grin when I see what it is; ACME Chalice of Power, Property of Trevor Wilson.

PREVIOUS CHAPTER : : next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home