01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Saturday, November 25, 2006

The circle of death showdown. (A.K.A Weéeé're back)

I immediately fall to the ground in a cringing, foetal position, and begin to suck my thumb. (It's a circle of death habit I've never been able to break.)
Trixie gives me a withering look. "Pete! What do you think you are doing! You know the rules of the circle of death! No foetal position defence moves allowed! We have to fight this out fair and square! I've got to get back to headquarters, come on! Gosh! Everyone reading this blog thinks I'm a freakin' idiot because of you!"
"Your mum is!" I comeback, scoring five circle of death points.
"Céanna!" Melvin yells, losing five points.
"Shut up Melvin!" I moan. "I mean, who wants sausages at a time like this!"
I curl up even smaller, as a fish.
Trixie sighs. "Sigh. Pete, we're obviously not going to be able to kill each other fair and square like manly men who cut down trees and eat their lunch if you lie there on the floor like a big baby! Stand up and fight!"
"It's fish! Like a fish!" I cry from my safe spot on the floor. "I don't wanna fight you! I'll probably end up blowing you up with my magical powers that I know nothing about! I mean, look at Melvin! What use is he now that all he can speak is Gaelic! I don't want to hurt you!"
"Tromán páipéir!" Melvin interjects. Fair enough.
Trixie sighs, again. I think she is clinically depressed. Does that mean you don't like clinics? I'm not really sure.
"Well, ok then, perhaps we can compromise?"
I stand up. "Yeah, allright. How about if we go to the magical kingdom first, and you send an email to headquarters with your report? (Sure, I love technology, always and forever.) I'll make sure it's the first thing we do when we get there."
Trixie nods her head. "Ok. But I want something to hold you accountable with. How do I know you won't just ditch me when we get there?"
"Here, have this!"I cry, giving her the chalice of power. Melvin gives a gurgle of protest.
"Shut up Melvin, or I'll open up a can of Ana-Lucia on your Gaelic backside!" Trixie growls (as a dog, a.k.a Topsy)
The gurgles stop.

pc , nc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home