01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

In which I rediscover my magical prowess

Melvin turns around and blabbers at me, clicking his fingers and waving at the fridge.
"What is it boy?" I ask, "Are Sally, Jesse, and Raphael trapped down the old mine shaft again?"
Melvin continued to click his fingers and point at me.
"I think he wants me to click my fingers!" I exclaimed. Gosh, I'm good.
I clicked my fingers.
"No, not at me, silly!" Melvin cried. "Point your fingers at the fridge! Hey I'm cured! English! Not Gaelic!"
"I think you want me to click my fingers at the fridge!" I exclaimed. Gosh..... no, that one was seriously dumb.
I clicked my fingers at the fridge. Thankfully, it didn't start speaking Gaelic. It blew up.
"Hey! I'm a magical prince!" I exclaimed. Gosh, this is getting old.

"So," says Trixie, ever the enthusiastic one, "Where to now, O mighty pencil?"
"Hmm..." I think, (yes, it hurt) "Melvin, any ideas?"
Melvin points up the hill that the fridge was on. "My intel tells me this is the way to go."
"Hold on, Melvin... what is your intel exactly?" Trixie inquires.
"This map!" Melvin cries, holding up a map excitedly.
"It looks like a five-year old drew this!" Trixie exclaims incredulously.
"Hey! He's six! And it's all we've got right now! Many good men died getting this map to us!"
Trixie begins to laugh. "Why are there so many elephants on this map? And why is everyone's head three times bigger than their body?"
Melvin snatches the map back.
"Come on guys." I say, trying to break up the fight. "Lets go over the hill and far away. The elves could get back here any time."
Trixie and Melvin both sigh, glare at each other, and follow me up the hill.

pc /// nc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home