01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Wait.....

As we begin to dig the trenches, prep the guns and put our game face on, I am struck with a sudden realisation.
"Hey!" I realise, "Those can't be the Roger elves! They're still out in the desert in their war helicopters!"
Trixie and Melvin are both also suddenly struck by this realisation.
"Wow!" Trixie realises.
"Golly-Gosh!" Melvin adds.
Exciting, huh?
"Candy King!" I shout at the Candy King; "Storm the gates!"
Candy King gives me an incredulous look. "Are you stupid, my prince?!"
"Maybe," I answer, "In fact, it's pretty much a certainty. But do it anyway, because I said so and anyone who disobeys me is right in line for a smacked bottom!"
The lolly minions all immediately rush for the front gate of Magical Capital City, more afraid of a smacked bottom than a near suicidal run at a citadel filled with elves.
The gates swing open as they run at them.
"Ha!" I laugh. "I knew those stupid elves would forget to lock the door behind them in their helicopteresque haste! And they even left the Magical automatic door opener on, so anyone could waltz in!"
Ironically, as I finish that statement I spy two lolly minions doing a victory waltz inside the gate.

Inside, a large mural with 347 elvish heads painted on it lies abandoned on the ground behind the wall, and a set of elvish-looking footprints lead away from the mural and into the city centre.
"It looks like they only left one elf behind to keep things going." Trixie surmises, ever the policewoman.
"Ah! That's why the elves couldn't appear too concerned when they were looking over the wall! Because they were a mural!" I surmise, ever the fool.
Trixie sighs, and walks away.

previous chapter in glorious blognovel : : !next chapter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home