01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Friday, January 05, 2007

...For it...

Carefully, slowly, but with loud crashes and booming footsteps (the elephants aren't all that subtle) we make our way into the city centre.
It's deserted, like a trifle.

A lone tumbleweed rolls past (and three nervous lolly minions attack it with their candy-coated spears).

WOOSH! The camera swings to the left, revealing a Roger elf running up the windy (thats windy as in wind, not as in wind, which is spelt the same way but means an entirely different thing) staircase to the tallest tower in preparation for a showdown.

Camera pans back, revealing my determined expression.
"Hey, whats the matter, Pete?" Melvin asks me, "You look sick."
"No, you fool!" I counter, "I'm looking determined."
"Oh, sure, ok," Melvin says, sounding somewhat unconvinced.
'This is it,' I tell myself, 'Time for Faramir captain of Gondor to show his worth... I mean, time for Pete Wilson, prince of Wilsonia to show his worth. I will face off with the Roger elf, reclaim my throne, and nothing will distract me from - whats that noise?'

The sound of returning war-choppers filled to the brim with Roger-elves is beginning to be heard. They will be here in minutes!

'Ok,' I tell myself, 'Thats another thing to worry about. But, if I can defeat the first Roger-elf before the others get here, then we will all have an advantage as we defend the city from invaders. Ok, so, I need to tell the candy-warriors to guard the walls, get Trixie and Melvin to take regiments to the gates, and I need to go after the Roger Elf. Good, then, no more distrac - whats that noise?'

Although the sounds of warchoppers is getting louder, and although candy-coated minions run everywhere, and although two of the elephants are trumpeting loudly as they attempt their own victory waltz, my ears pick up another sound, drifting in on the breeze. From somewhere deep within the heart of the main castle comes a familiar tune, played on a familiar instrument, that my ears did not even remember until now. It is a sound from the distant past, when I was a small little chubby bubby, sitting on my mother's knee.

It is the sound of a nose flute.

Played the way only my mother could play it.

Previous Chapter **%** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home