01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Saturday, April 03, 2010

All Hail Scrumptious and Glorious Almighty Leader

Like a glowing Chalice of Power held by a butch manly-Ana-Lucia-like Policewoman, the Chalice of Power begins glowing like a glowing Chalice of Power held by a butch manly-Ana-Lucia-like Policewoman.

I have activated the Chalice of Power!
Amazing! Surely now something good will happen.
I cast my mind (in plaster of paris) back to the first conversations I had with Melvin in that dumpster, a conversation that already feel like a life-time ago (or more accurately, about 4 years and 10 days ago)...

"It is a magical chalice, that, when activated, has the power to make all in one's kingdom submissive, cheerful, and able to remember all the verses of Be Thou My Vision, which they sing repetitively!"

Right on cue, the 3 remaining Roger-elves, the lolly-coated minions, and yes, even the elephants, begin singing 'Be Thou My Vision.'

"Be TRUMPET My Vision TRUMPET Lord of TRUMPET Heart
TRUMPET TRUMPET TRUMPET Save but thou art..."

Melvin Ertnik and my mother are singing in harmony, and I join them as we go on to the third line. Only Trixie, clutching the Chalice of Power possessively, does not join in the tune.
Instead, she looks increasingly excited as she takes in this turn of events.
I am too busy singing repetitively, and cheerfully submissing to her mighty rule to wonder why she is getting a sinister glint in her eye. Surely whatever happens now will be happy, cheerful, and glorious. In this Trixie-ruled world, I cannot think of anything that could interrupt my joy.
Even Chester and my missing Mills and Boone novels have all but faded from my mind.
But have they faded from the novel??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home