01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Already... Not Yet

Obviously, drinkies and bikkies are a hit with everyone still alive (even the remaining Roger-elves, who have decided that now they are only 3 in number rather than 347 that a truce-like parlay-esque peace-accord-ish agreement might be in order...) so we all gather round Mumsy for some good old afternoon tea and a reflection on what life was like in the old country.

All of us except for Trixie, that is.
"PEEEEEEEEEEEEETE!!!" Trixie bellows bulbously.
"Yes Trixie dearest?" I answer placatingly, like a whipped husband whipped for the girls (or girl in this instance.) "We can go to your mother's house if you like!"

"Pete! You said I could go back to headquaters and send my email, and you lied to me! And when people lie to me, it makes me ANGRY! Especially when their lie involves me having to defend their magical kingdom from Roger-elves, who I have no particular aversion to in the first place! (And in fact, I'm quite the fan of Rogernomics!)"

Trixie waves the chalice menacingly.
I panic, and break out in a cold sweat, my hives start to appear, my heart rate increases, and I go to my happy place (Love in the Japanese POW Camp, Chapter 3, pp 13 ff.)
Everyone else stands stock still. Chicken stock, to be precise.
"Pete!" Mumsy cries. "Use your other magic word!"
My other magic word! If only I could remember it!

Oh wait!

"hugger-mugger!" I cry.

What happens next is truly scrumptious.

pc // nc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home