01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Chapter 25: sUpErCoW Unleashed

I decided the best thing I could do would be to insult someone.
“Hey, you cheap plagiarism of a birthday card character, you couldn’t save Ciola if your bovinian life depended on it! You un-original Fido-from-Garbageman-like knock-off, so’s your face!”
Supercow paused (like a paw), and slowly turned her (or his, I was getting kind of confused about that now) large head in my direction.
“What was that? Ooooh, that’s it! I’ve had enough of this. I’m nothing like Fido!!! And my face is fine!”
The look s/he gave me reminded me of the time I participated in a Pamplona bull-run (well, by participated, I mean that I watched it from nearby. Well, by nearby, I mean sitting at home watching it on TV. Well, by watching it, I mean doing my tax return. Well, by doing my tax return I mean I was paying an accountant named Stan to do it). It was kind of disconcerting.
Suddenly, Supercow removed its cape (which was red) and tossed it to me violently. Having done so, it began pawing at the ground, snorting, and started to charge at me.
It reminded me of the time I was a world-famous matador… well, by matador I mean door-to-door toenail-cleaner.
From somewhere in the corner, Merv/Eric (lying in a pool of milk) cheered.
I screamed, and leapt atop a handily positioned display of abalone in brine.
Supercow struck it like a Lotto winner.
I spiralled through the air, thinking that perhaps insulting the superhero that had been preparing to save me was not the smartest move of my career, and landed in an undignified manner near Merv/Eric, with an artistic pile of abalone forming around me.
“Ha ha!” Merv/Eric cried as he grabbed me, “Now I’ve got you!!! There’s no escape this time. You’ll be chained to a hot oven forever, cooking beef patties and gerkins til the cows come home.”
Supercow – still running in a mad rampage around the station - suddenly skidded to a halt.
“Beef patties?” s/he screamed, “Cows come home? That’s it!!!!!”
Supercow put both of us into her/his sights, and hurtled towards us like a weapon from Worms 2.
Merv/Eric and I screamed, and tried to hide behind each other.

Was this the end for Erstwhile?
Tune in next time for another exciting episode….

Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home