01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Monday, September 26, 2005

Chapter 28 - The blinding flash

... and nothing happened.
Because, REMEMBER, there ARE no WoMDs in Iraq. Or in BK. They didn't answer the RSVP to HQ for more WoMDs. They only got an AWD, an M5 and a .22.
Ciola reacted first.
"Erstwhile! Beat up Bush, free me, and lets get out of here forever!"
I looked at her. In the eye. I don't know what one, you choose.
"But, Ciola, is there any point? My life is already endangered enough as it is. And, if I rescue you, we'll be on the run from BK the rest of our lives! We already know too much!"
Georgie boy laughed evilly. "Haha!"

Yeah. No evil comment followed. He just... laughed.

Someone coughed.

Ciola leapt up. "Well, if you're not giong to do it, I guess I have to do it myself!"She cried heroically, and picked up Bush.
She carried him over to a huge vat of chip batter.
"Bush, you've terrorised the world for too long! It's time.... you were.... chipped!"
"No....(gurgle)" Georgie cried as he was hurled into the huge vat, and quickly transformed into something greasy and nutritionally dubious.
"Ciola!"I screamed. "What have you done! Now we'll never get out of here alive!"
Ciola sighed and looked at me deploringly. "Erstwhile, Step 7 of how to topple an evil organisation: Take out the leader. It always works like that. As soon as you beat the leader, all the minions lose hope and go home. They aren't concerned with revenge at all."
I laughed. "Ha!""

And then I said something else. "So we've won!"
Ciola groaned. "Way to state the obvious, Erstwhile. Yes, we have won. We're free. It's a happy ending."
We exited BK together, through the retro swing doors.
"Oh well."Ciola turned to me and shook my hand. "It's been nice working with you, Erstwhile. Maybe I'll see you again someday."
She turned away and walked off down the road.

"But wait! Ciola!"I cried romantically, and in a surprisingly deep voice. (I'd been practicing.)
Ciola waited.
"Did you ever... love me?" I asked, cracking a high on the word love for maximum effect.
She sighed.
"Erstwhile, we could never be in love. I'm a secret agent. My job is too dangerous and secretive to ever allow someone to become close to me. Ned keeps me company. He's a good, loyal friend. Admittedly, he doesn't keep his room very tidy, but I can live with that. I'm sorry, Erstwhile, I just don't think we were ever meant to be. Musings agrees with me. He's so good looking."
I couldn't beat that logic, so I turned and sadly walked away.

THE TRAGIC END*

*There is a possibility for another style ending here, if Lark Victory chooses to do so (hint, hint.)

Previous chapter : : Next chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home