01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Chapter 29 - The Unexpected Development

However, as I walked away, I continued to think about what I had just witnessed.
Something didn't make any sense.
Turning back to Ciola, I asked her a single question.
"Ciola?"
It was enough.
"Yes, Erstwhile, you're right," she sighed, "In actual fact, this is not the end of the mission, because George was not in fact the big boss. Instead, Big Mack is still on the loose, and my brother Mistral still works for him as a minion. Also, Ned has been captured by Big Mack and needs to be freed, and my laundry needs picking up before the laundromat closes at three. I didn't want to tell you, because I was worried about you, and wanted to to be safe by returning home to your small apartment above the Box Co. Boxes Incorporated office where you work. And the reason I wanted you to go, was..."
She paused.
"...that I truly deeply care about you. I love you, Erstwhile. Lets get married, and go to Honolulu for six months, followed by a brief stop-over at Ulaan Baatar, and a trip to Disneyland" is the words I was longing for her to say, but instead, she said, "...that I think you are an idiot, and that you are no good in most of the situations we find ourselves in. Go home, Erstwhile, go home while you still can."
I wasn't taking none of that guff, not from no one.
"No, Ciola," I said in my deepest voice (somewhere around a middle C), "I'm not going. Through dangers unknown and hardships un-numbered, I have fought my way here, to the castle beyond the goblin city."
Ciola looked confused.
She obviously hadn't seen the Labyrinth.
"You have no power over me, David Bowie!" I screamed, attempting to tear my shirt apart like the Hulk, but instead breaking a nail.
"Ow!" It hurt.
Sticking my hurting finger in my mouth, I continued my passionate plea.
"Bl-ease Thwiowa. Bl-ou hab to lebb me clumm wibb blou. Bli'm blhe blain charagbler!"
Ciola sighed again, this time with more resolution.
"Okay," she said eventually, "You can come. But only because I need a narrator."
"Blanffs, Thwiowa," I gushed.

Previous Chapter ***** Next Chapter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home